Friday, July 24, 2009
Friends...
Do you ever wonder why we don't keep up with all of our friends? We have so many excuses, but I just don't buy them anymore. Since I quit teaching, I feel like I've gained a handful of wonderful friends, but lost a lifetime of them, too. :( Well, maybe not necessarily "lost," but I don't get to see them anymore. I have to actually work on my friendships... it's a foreign concept to me, being the outgoing girl that I am. I sincerely miss my friends, and am sad that I don't get to see them more often. It just seems like life gets in the way, and then before I know it, it's been a few months since I last visited with them. Sometimes I feel like quitting teaching actually hurt me emotionally by tearing my family of friends away. :( I know that what I did was the right thing for us to do, and that I wouldn't change a thing, but it's still hard to let go. For all my wonderful friends that I don't see often enough, I love you and I miss you!! So, now that I poured out my little heart, any suggestions for this dilemma??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Liz,
I feel very similar to what you're feeling just by changing my campus. I've seen you more often than I've seen most anyone else. It is difficult to move forward and sometimes even painful. Change is not always easy, but we change anyway don't we? You're right about it being to the right thing for you and Todd. You haven't lost friends, but we've just don't see each other as often. And you've gained friends in the process! Thankfully we have email, FB, blogs, cell phones, text messaging to keep in tough with one another. And please remember...you are ALWAYS welcome to call me for a get together!
Love ya,
Jen
Post a Comment