Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A little one on the way...

We're pregnant!!! Here's how we found out:

Mother's Day... My sister, Amy, was in town, from Colorado (1st time in almost a year and a half!). She and I got a home pregnancy test from CVS and ran over to my house to take it. Literally as soon as I set it on the counter, Amy said, "Liz, you're pregnant!" I giggled a nervous little sound and then said, "Oh my gosh! I'm pregnant!" It was one of the most amazing feelings ever! Now, you're thinking, why was your sister with you, but not your husband? :) He was working at the cafe', so I actually got to get creative on how I would tell him when he got home... all the while he was working away without a clue that his life was about to change forever! I made him a picture frame (see below)... the little star in the top corner says "Attention: Star-dust will settle at 109 Cypress in 9 months!" I wrapped it up and handed it to him when he got home (of course, he was so tired, he just sat there...) I wanted him to open it 10 hours ago!!! lol! So, after he pulled the frame out, he read the star (his eyes grew a half inch wider, or so), then he read the quote, and just looked up at me and said, "Honey, are you pregnant?!" I whispered a shaky "YES!" back to him, and he jumped out of his chair and scooped me up into the sweetest hug ever!!!

No comments: